Papers from the Court

You chose “I have got papers from the Court about money I owe”. You need specialist debt advice.

Find a local adviser

You can still take action to sort things out right now.

  1. If you agree you owe the money then
  2. If you don’t agree you owe all, or any, of the money you must write to the Court to tell them why. This is called filing your defense.

the Government – defending a Court claim

Citizens Advice Bureau – what happens if you are taken to court

Need help with another debt?

Go back to What stage are my debts at?

Not got any debt problems?

Go to back to Money

  • Please do not use this feedback section to submit an advice query. It will not be seen by an adviser.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © Brent Advice Matters, 2020. All rights reserved.