County Court Judgement (CCJ)

You chose “I have got a Country Court Judgement or CCJ”. You need specialist debt advice.

Find a local adviser

You can still take action to start sorting things out right now.

  1. If you agree you owe the money but don’t agree that the Judgement was made properly you can appeal against it.
    Citizens Advice Bureau – changing a Judgement
  2. If you don’t agree you owe the money you can
    the Government – ask the Court to set the Judgement aside
  3. If you are vulnerable for example you are disabled, live with a long term illness, are pregnant or have children you should
    • tell the people you owe money to straight away why you are vulnerable
    • tell them you are looking for advice and help with the debt.
    • ask them to stop taking action while you get advice

Taking action on a Country Court Judgement is important because they can affect your credit rating.Companies use your credit rating to decide if they should lend to you. If you have a ‘bad’ credit rating you are less likely to get credit.

Money Advice Service – how CCJs affect your credit rating

Citizens Advice Bureau – County Court Judgements and your credit rating – overview

National Debtline – CCJs and court action

Need help with another debt?

Go back to → What stage are my debts at?

Not got any debt problems?

Go back to → the Money main page

  • Please do not use this feedback section to submit an advice query. It will not be seen by an adviser.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © Brent Advice Matters, 2020. All rights reserved.