Tips for renewing your visa:
- Start to renew your visa straight away
- Do not give false evidence to support your visa application. It is a criminal offence.
- Get advice if:
- the reason you got your old visa do not apply now, or
- you have been arrested for anything since you got your old visa
- If your situation is the same as when you got your last visa, say so in your application form.
- Send your application to the Home Office using Recorded Delivery. Recorded Delivery gives you proof of the date you sent it. Proof of the date is important. Your permission to be in the UK is continuous if there are fewer than 28 days between one visa finishing and another one starting.
Get advice if
- your visa renewal application is refused – you have a right of appeal if your visa renewal application is refused.
- you need to have visa conditions removed
Choose Find a local adviser below.