Staying permanently in the UK

To stay permanently in the UK you must have Indefinite Leave to Remain from the Home Office.

There are different reasons you can qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain. These different reasons are called ‘routes’.


Long residence, Private life or Family routes?

We use questions and answers to help you work out which of these 3 routes is best route for you.



Which age group are you in now?

Choose 1 of the 3 answers below.

Option 1 – I am under 18 years old

Option 2 – I am between 18 and 24 years old

Option 3 – I am 25 years old or older


Not found what you need?

Back to Immigration and Asylum

  • Please do not use this feedback section to submit an advice query. It will not be seen by an adviser.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © Brent Advice Matters, 2020. All rights reserved.