Ask Brent Council to inspect your home if you are a private tenant and
- you are worried that repairs are affecting your health and safety or if
- your landlord will not do repairs you have told them or if
- your landlord is trying to evict you because you have asked for repairs
What to do
- Write to your landlord to say you will get Brent Council involved to inspect your home. Choose Letter before action template below for help with this
- Call the Council Private Rented Team on 020 8937 6410. Have the letters you wrote to your landlord to hand
- Tell them about the problem. Follow it up in writing. Choose a template letter below to help you.
If your landlord still does not do the repairs you have a right to ask a Court to order your landlord to do them. Choose Find a local adviser below for help with this.
Social housing tenants
Social landlords have policies that say when and how they must do repairs. ‘Social landlords’ are housing associations and Brent Council. If they do not do repairs then
- Ask your landlord for a copy of their repairs policy and procedure
- Ask for a copy of their complaints policy.
- Make a complaint if your social landlord is not doing what the repairs policy says they should. Or choose Find a local adviser below.