There are 3 things you can do:
1. Phone Streetlink on 0300 500 0914. You can phone them any time. Or choose Streetlink below if you are online.
Streetlink will tell the local Outreach Team about you. They will try to find you and verify you are sleeping outside. ‘Verify’ means the Outreach Team does find you and accepts that you are sleeping outside. This is very important. No hostel will give you somewhere to stay without you being verified first.
When you call Streetlink tell them exactly where you are and give as much detail as you can then stay where you are so the Outreach Team can find you.
2. Call Ashford Place on 020 8208 8590. You can phone them anytime. Or choose Ashford Place below if you are online.
Ask for a day and time to go to Ashford Place for an assessment. They will work out if they can give you somewhere to stay for a few weeks. They can give people somewhere to stay if you have a connection to Brent – this means you lived in Brent for 6 months out of the last 12 months or for 3 years out of the last 5 years – and are verified by StreetLink or you are in acute housing need – this means things like sleeping outside, sleeping on sofas or about to be made homeless
3. Get in touch with Brent Council. You can do that in 3 ways.
- In person at the Civic Centre on Engineers Way, Wembley HA9 0FJ or
- By phone on 020 8937 2000 between 9am and 5pm or
- By phone on 020 8937 1234 between 5pm at night and 9am in the morning
It is not likely that Brent Council will find you somewhere to stay but getting in touch is the first step in applying as homeless. Choose Applying to Brent Council below for help with this.
Homeless UK – frequently asked questions and answers