When you feel unwell
You do not have to feel ashamed or embarrassed about feeling mentally or emotionally unwell because this is a normal part of human experience.
1 in every 4 people experience mental health problems during their life because some events in life can be difficult to cope with, like:
- loneliness, or
- losing your job or being unemployed, or
- losing your home, or
- your relationship breaking down, or
- someone you love dying, or
- having poor physical health or being in pain, or
- being in debt, or
- caring for other people.
Good mental and emotional health means you can be resilient. ‘Resilient’ means being able to cope with life’s ups and downs, overcome them and spring back. Good mental and emotional health means you can
enjoy life, and:
- have healthy relationships, and
- feel a sense of self-worth, and
- have good self-esteem, and
- feel in control.
Choose 1 of the 5 options below