What you can find help and advice with here
- Claiming benefits
- Sorting out problems with benefits
- Making a complaint about benefits services
- Finding a local adviser
Choose 1 of the 4 options below to start.
Universal Credit (UC) is a benefit for people of working age on a low income, administered by the Department of Work and Pensions.
It is a single monthly payment which will eventually replace:
- Income Support
- Income Related Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit / Child Tax Credit
Since 18th January 2018 no new claims for Universal Credit have been possible in Brent.
The full introduction of Universal Credit for all types of claimants in Brent is planned for November / December 2018. Until then claimants will need to still claim all the same benefits as before.