What you can find help and advice with here

  • Claiming benefits
  • Sorting out problems with benefits
  • Making a complaint about benefits services
  • Finding a local adviser


Getting started

Choose 1 of the 4 options below to start.

Option 1: I already get benefits myself

Option 2: I want to make a new claim for myself

Option 3: I want to help someone else with benefits

Option 4: Who pays benefits


Universal Credit

Universal Credit (UC) is a benefit for people of working age on a low income, administered by the Department of Work and Pensions.

It is a single monthly payment which will eventually replace:

  • Income Support
  • Income Related Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Related Employment Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Working Tax Credit / Child Tax Credit

Since 18th January 2018 no new claims for Universal Credit have been possible in Brent.

The full introduction of Universal Credit for all types of claimants in Brent is planned for November / December 2018. Until then claimants will need to still claim all the same benefits as before.

For more information on getting ready for Universal Credit  – The Money Advice Service

Universal Credit in Brent

General information about Universal Credit – Citizens Advice Service 




  • Please do not use this feedback section to submit an advice query. It will not be seen by an adviser.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © Brent Advice Matters, 2020. All rights reserved.